- Negotiated the settlement of a will contest at mediation involving an Estate valued at over $1,000,000. Will contestant agreed to dismiss her will contest shortly after Jeff took her deposition.
- Represented the beneficiaries of an estate in a dispute with the executor over the timeliness of the distribution of estate assets. Rather than having to answer to the court for her delay in distributing estate assets, the executor began distributing estate assets to the beneficiaries.
- Represented the beneficiaries of a trust in a dispute over the interpretation of the trust instrument. Other trust beneficiaries claimed that Jeff’s clients were not beneficiaries of that trust. After extensive briefing in the trial and appellate courts, the appellate court found in favor of Jeff’s clients.
- On behalf of the beneficiaries, successfully negotiated a settlement that resulted in the resignation of the executor of an estate and trustee of a trust after such executor/trustee had improperly spent estate/trust funds.
- Successfully terminated a trust, resulting in over $500,000 in trust assets being distributed to a beneficiary, free of trust.
- Successfully defended against the common-law spouse claims made by the decedent’s significant other, resulting in the distribution of decedent’s estate to Jeff’s client.
- Initiated a guardianship proceeding after mother had been moved by her daughter from the mother’s home to a nursing facility against her wishes and the wishes of the mother’s other family members. As part of the settlement of this matter, the client’s mother was moved back to her own home.
- Represented many applicants in their efforts to admit wills to probate and filed many applications for determination of heirship in situations where the decedent did not have a will.